PDF printable version of Whooping Cough (Pertussis) poster for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Persons (PDF 952 KB)
Whooping Cough (Pertussis)
- Protect your baby
- Look out
- Stop the spread
- Everyone can get whooping cough and babies can die from it.
- Keep people with a cough away from your baby.
- Make sure your baby has the whooping cough needle at 2, 4 and 6 months old. Your baby can have the first needle at 6 weeks old.
- Older kids should have a booster needle when they are 18 months old, 4 and 12-13 years old.
- Adults, including pregnant women, can also have a booster needle.
- The vaccinations are free for your baby.