ATAGI Bulletin for 32nd Meeting, 5-6 October 2006
Summary of outcomes of the meeting held on 5-6 October 2006
- ATAGI held its third face to face meeting for 2006 on the 5th and 6th of October in Melbourne.
- ATAGI received a report on the use of measles, mumps, rubella, and varicella (MMRV) vaccine in Australia from the MMRV and Zoster Working Party.
- The final report from the HPV Working Party was presented to ATAGI.
- ATAGI reviewed and discussed draft chapters for the Australian Immunisation Handbook 9th Edition in preparation for releasing the draft 9th Edition for public consultation.
- ATAGI considered a request from the PBAC for information on the suitability and safety of the adult/adolescent formulation of dTpa vaccine repeat immunisation and of the safety in primary immunisation of adult patients. ATAGI also discussed inclusion in doctor’s bag. ATAGI requested NCIRS to provide a report on the dTpa versus dT issues discussed.
- ATAGI recommended an expansion of the National Indigenous Pneumococcal and Influenza Immunisation Program (NIPII) criteria to include vaccination with influenza vaccine to all Indigenous Australian adults over 15 years of age.
- ATAGI reviewed the draft Terms of Reference for the Pneumococcal Working Party, proposed timelines, and membership.
- The first ATAGI meeting for 2007 is scheduled for 8-9 February.
When accessing large documents (over 500 KB in size), it is recommended that the following procedure be used:
- Click the link with the RIGHT mouse button
- Choose "Save Target As.../Save Link As..." depending on your browser
- Select an appropriate folder on a local drive to place the downloaded file
Attempting to open large documents within the browser window (by left-clicking)
may inhibit your ability to continue browsing while the document is
opening and/or lead to system problems.
To view PDF (Portable Document Format) documents, you will need to have a PDF reader installed on your computer. A number of PDF readers are available through the Australian Government Information Management Office (AGIMO) Web Guide website.
Page last modified: 05 February, 2013