- ATAGI held its 35th face to face meeting on 4-5 October 2007 in Melbourne.
- ATAGI considered childhood influenza vaccine recommendations in light of recent paediatric influenza associated deaths. At the current time ATAGI does not suggest any changes to the recommendations in the NHMRC Australian Immunisation Handbook, 9th Edition Influenza Chapter for the 2008 influenza season. ATAGI has convened an Influenza Working Party to further examine issues pertaining to child immunisation against influenza.
- ATAGI developed post submission advice for the Pharmaceutical Benefits Advisory Committee (PBAC) on vaccines for herpes zoster and MMRV.
- The ATAGI Pneumococcal Working Party and the ATAGI Communications Working Party delivered progress reports. Their work continues.
- ATAGI reviewed reports of possible HPV adverse events. ATAGI noted jurisdictional plans to follow up adverse events following immunisation. ATAGI will continue to monitor this situation. No changes to HPV vaccine use are recommended at this time.
- Progress is continuing on finalisation of the Australian Immunisation Handbook, 9th Edition. It is anticipated that hardcopies of the Handbook will be available towards the end of the year.
- The next ATAGI meeting is scheduled for 7-8 February 2008 in Canberra.
When accessing large documents (over 500 KB in size), it is recommended that the following procedure be used:
- Click the link with the RIGHT mouse button
- Choose "Save Target As.../Save Link As..." depending on your browser
- Select an appropriate folder on a local drive to place the downloaded file
Attempting to open large documents within the browser window (by left-clicking)
may inhibit your ability to continue browsing while the document is
opening and/or lead to system problems.
To view PDF (Portable Document Format) documents, you will need to have a PDF reader installed on your computer. A number of PDF readers are available through the Australian Government Information Management Office (AGIMO) Web Guide website.