- ATAGI held its 36th face to face meeting on 7-8 February 2008 in Canberra.
- ATAGI reviewed a range of Australian and international data relating to possible HPV adverse events and concluded that no changes to HPV vaccine use are recommended at this time. ATAGI will continue to monitor this situation.
- The ATAGI Pneumococcal Working Party, the ATAGI Communications Working Party and the ATAGI Influenza Working Party delivered progress reports. Their work continues.
- ATAGI noted that, following a number of paediatric influenza associated deaths in the 2007 influenza season, the West Australian Department of Health has negotiated with Sanofi Pasteur and CSL to provide free influenza vaccination in 2008 to all children aged between 6 months and 5 years in the Perth metropolitan area as a trial to assess efficacy. The ATAGI Influenza Working Party will monitor the progress of this trial to inform their deliberations.
- ATAGI noted that hard copies of the Australian Immunisation Handbook, 9th Edition are currently being printed, and will be distributed to immunisation providers in March 2008.
- The next ATAGI meeting is scheduled for 5-6 June 2008 in Sydney.
When accessing large documents (over 500 KB in size), it is recommended that the following procedure be used:
- Click the link with the RIGHT mouse button
- Choose "Save Target As.../Save Link As..." depending on your browser
- Select an appropriate folder on a local drive to place the downloaded file
Attempting to open large documents within the browser window (by left-clicking)
may inhibit your ability to continue browsing while the document is
opening and/or lead to system problems.
To view PDF (Portable Document Format) documents, you will need to have a PDF reader installed on your computer. A number of PDF readers are available through the Australian Government Information Management Office (AGIMO) Web Guide website.