- ATAGI held its 39th face to face meeting on 19-20 February 2009 in Canberra.
- ATAGI will establish a Revaccination Working Group to develop a set of standard management procedures following administration of vaccines outside standard guidelines for revaccination (if required) that can be uniformly applied across jurisdictions.
- ATAGI noted that the community-based HPV catch-up program finishes on 30 June 2009. All females aged in the 12-18 and 18-26 year old bracket must have started the course with their first dose of the vaccine on or before 30 June 2009 and complete all 3 doses by 31 December 2009.
- ATAGI will establish a Pertussis Working Party to consider the use of dTpa in young children, and the duration of effectiveness of dTpa in adolescents/adults.
- ATAGI will provide input to the draft National Immunisation Strategy which is currently being developed by the Commonwealth in consultation with state and territories and other key stakeholders. Once developed the draft National Immunisation Strategy will be forwarded to the Australian Health Ministers’ Conference for members consideration and endorsement.
- ATAGI will hold an Industry Consultation Day on Wednesday 14 October 2009 in Canberra.
- The next ATAGI meeting is scheduled for 4-5 June 2009 in Canberra.
When accessing large documents (over 500 KB in size), it is recommended that the following procedure be used:
- Click the link with the RIGHT mouse button
- Choose "Save Target As.../Save Link As..." depending on your browser
- Select an appropriate folder on a local drive to place the downloaded file
Attempting to open large documents within the browser window (by left-clicking)
may inhibit your ability to continue browsing while the document is
opening and/or lead to system problems.
To view PDF (Portable Document Format) documents, you will need to have a PDF reader installed on your computer. A number of PDF readers are available through the Australian Government Information Management Office (AGIMO) Web Guide website.